Testing a project is key for any organization as they have to provide quality work to their clients. Every organization has a testing team to test the working of their projects. Software testing tools have been a great deal of help for testers as they save time. Tricentis Tosca is a great testing automation tool with a wide range of options. It offers a complete set of test cases for an effective test management process with no scripting option.
There is a huge demand for testers in the market right now. In this post, we will explain the top 30 Tosca interview questions. Go through the below frequently asked Tosca interview questions and answers that help you prepare for an interview.
1. Explain the main components of Tosca.
Ans: The following are the main components of Tosca.
- Tosca Commander – It is like an IDE where we can create a project and work on it.
- Tosca Executor – Executes the test cases that are forwarded by the Commander.
- Tosca XScan (Tosca Wizard) – Scans the input fields and saves the information as modules.
- Test Repository – It stores all the actions performed on the test objects.
2. Tell me some advantages of using Tosca.
Ans: Here are some of the advantages of Tosca.
- It can automate both the U and non-UI applications.
- It offers script less automation.
- Users can reuse assets.
- It can support multiple platforms.
- It includes quality vendor support.
- The interface is very easy to learn and use.
- Drag and drop functionality
3. How can we run ExecutionLists?
Ans: We can run ExecutionLists by selecting the ‘Run’ option in the context menu of the Commander. We can also run it by using the F6 shortcut. If we want to run multiple ExecutionLists, we can select them using Ctrl + left shortcut.
4. What are the errors available in Tosca?
Ans: Tosca has three types of errors.
- Verification- Failure – When a test case specification does not match the expected value of the test object, we get this error.
- User Abort – When the user stops the test execution.
- Dialog-Failure – We get this error when an application crashes or tries to go in a path that does not exist
5. How to run tests in the ScratchBook?
Ans: We can perform trial runs on test cases using ScratchBook. We can run objects like test case folders, test cases, and test steps on this. We can run a ScratchBook through one of the below methods.
- We can run the objects immediately.
- Add or arrange objects in ScratchBook and then run them.