1. What do you understand by the term Adobe Analytics? Why is Adobe Analytics used?
Ans: Adobe Analytics is a platform that helps in performing real-time analytics for organizations or enterprises. It is one of the most common data analytics tool used by organizations to determine the audience and power customer business intelligence. It is also known as web analytics, which is designed and developed to perform the reporting, collection, measurement, and analysis of the data related to the organization. Adobe Analytics is used to provide real-time solutions to business problems whenever required. Real-time solutions will help the organization to improve the products and drive success to the organization.
2. Define the terms: KPIs and Conversion metrics?
Ans: KPI: KPI refers to Key Performance Indicator. KPI is a variable that helps you understand and determine how close a company is to reach the deliverables, goals, and objectives. KPI is used to measure the performance and effectiveness of the organization.
Conversion Metrics: The conversion metrics is the term to understand the number of clients that are involved and performed in the conventional way as predicted. This will help us understand which customers acted as anticipated. It also shows the marketing strategies followed, usually which work and which do not base on the deliverables to be met.
3. Is it possible to connect Adobe Analytics to a Datawarehouse (Adobe/Cloud) / Teradata / Hadoop?
Ans: Yes, it is possible and feasible to connect Adobe Analytics to a Datawarehouse (Adobe/Cloud)/ Teradata / Hadoop. On combining Adobe Analytics with the data warehouse, it will create a consolidation of all the data, both the internal and external data storages. All the data will be stored in one location to perform the relevant analysis. The representation is through reports and charts. Teradata and Hadoop are the perfect examples of data warehouses that integrate with Adobe Analytics.
4. Give a brief idea about the following terms: Site catalyst and Web analytics 101 or Web analytics?
Ans: Site Catalyst: Site Catalyst is the tool designed to ensure that the employees and the team members are working together to drive more improvements to meet the customer or client conversions and the objectives or goals. Many different types allow customized settings for specific results.
Web Analytics 101: Web Analytics 101 or Web Analytics is the platform that helps in performing the analysis based on the data collected from the websites. The results will usually be represented in the form of reports or charts. It is also designed in such a way that it helps us understand the detailed summaries along with the comparison among different aspects.
5. What is meant by dashboard creation? Why do you think dashboards are used?
Ans: Dashboard Creation is the process of creating space to put in all the data together to perform analysis easily. The dashboard will help in allowing the companies to find more improvements or analysis with the collected data. It helps in separating the services, products. It helps in filtering the products and services based on the regions as well.
6. What do you understand about Report Builder? What is the maximum number of report suites a company can use?
Ans: Report builder in web analytics is the tool that acts as a construction site, especially for reports allowing the companies to perform customization of data. It also allows filtering to perform the comparison and contrast to analyze, understand, determine, and reveal the best practices of marketing and advertising. The number of report suites depends on the SiteCatalyst that we usually use. SiteCatalyst usually allows 200 number of report suites, while SiteCatalyst15 allows only 40. With respect to any other instances or occasions, the count for the number of report suites is unlimited.
7. Elucidate the difference between Adobe Analytics and Google Analytics?
Ans: Adobe Analytics is capable of integrating with third-party tools, while Google Analytics can integrate with third-party tools in data analytics languages like Python, R, etc. Adobe Analytics has dedicated customer support and provides free online services for support while Google Analytics does not have any dedicated customer support team.
8. How does Adobe Analytics store the data?
Ans: The analysis of the data can be performed based on the data stored and retrieved related to the organization. The data collection and storage is done using data processing centers for analysis. The data feed can be configured to feed a workbench cluster. The source is sent via secure FTTP to the data workbench from the data analysis server.
9. Give a brief idea about eVar and props? How many numbers of custom eVars are available in each report suite? How can you compare two data ranges in a single report in a ranked view?
Ans: An eVar is the conversion variable that is correctly used to analyze and investigate the conversion events. It also involves several dimensions that are used to provide more specific or in-depth data which shows the insights and the working state of the organization. Props, eVar are the variables that help in effective tracking of the data related to the organization. They are used to store success events. The number of custom eVars available in each report suite is 75. Compare dates in the calendar module is used to compare the two date ranges in a single report in a ranked view.
10. Explain about pathing and segment comparison?
Ans: Pathing: Pathing refers to the process or the route that the users use to pass through the site. If a user would like to go page C, then he will go through Page A and Page B as well as a part of analytics.
Segment Comparison: Segment comparison is a part of IQ, mostly referred to as a segment comparison tool that helps in identifying the significant differences statistically. The differences can be determined based on the numbers or the number of segments. This feature is designed and developed to allow looping of all the metrics and dimensions.
11. How do you use s_account? Can you explain when s_account is used? What happens if a s_account contains unexpected values, is not declared or empty?
Ans: The s_account is used when you set up a report suite. S_account is used to determine where the data will be kept and reported. During this instance, the admin console report suite ID should be labeled with the same name. If the s_account contains unexpected values or empty, then the data will not be showed or will not be collected.
12. What is Saint? Where is the Saint API used?
Ans: SAINT refers to SaintCatalyst Attribute Reporting and Naming Tool. The Saint Application Programming Interface is used for importing the metadata for reporting and group-describing values.
13. Explain briefly about list prop, page type variable?
Ans: List prop: A list prop is a variable that is used to pass and send multiple values in the delimited list; due to this, each value gets valuable credit for the page view.
Page type variable: A page type variable is used for capturing the URLs that lead to 404 error pages.
14. What is meant by multi-suite tagging?
Ans: Multi-suite tagging is the process of sending the catalyst data to two or multiple report suites. The multi-suite tagging feature is used by the companies that are present in different regions or countries as it provides an option to compare the data and metrics in all aspects.
15. What is the process to set up Adobe Analytics?
Ans: Adobe Analytics can be set up by navigating to the top left and clicking on Adobe experience Manage> Tools> Deployment > Cloud Services. Try to find out the Adobe Analytics icon. Click on view configuration, followed by the + button to add a new configuration. If this is the first time that you are trying to work on it, then go with configuring now option.
16. Explain the process of creating custom reports in Adobe Analytics?
Ans: There is a step-by-step procedure that can be followed to create custom reports in Adobe Analytics. The custom reports can be created only by the administrators. The following are the steps to be performed to create the custom reports in Adobe Analytics.
- The custom report will be added to the main menu when you try to create a custom report.
- Run the report and configure as per the requirements.
- Navigate to the details option, followed by creating a custom report.
- Give a name to the report and click on Save.
- Make sure that the already existing name is not used or repeated.
17. What is the best way to de-duplicate Sitecatalyst metrics?
Ans: The best way to de-duplicate SiteCatalyst metrics is serialization.
18. How do you track the adobe analytics campaign?
Ans: We have an option to track the Adobe Analytics campaign. The campaign reporting has to be enabled to view the campaign data in Adobe analytics. To track, you need to go to Analytics> Admin> Report Suites> Select the report suites> edit settings> Adobe activity > Adobe activity reports. Click on enable campaign reporting, which would enable and help you track the campaigns as required.
19. What is the difference between allocation and classification?
Ans: Allocation assigns partial credit while classification allows full credit.
20. Can you explain how the commas in my product name interfere with my data?
Ans: Comma in the product name will interfere with the data by treating everything that follows under a comma as a separate category or product or unit or revenue entry in the s.product.
21. What is meant by merchandising eVar?
Ans: The Merchandising eVar is the variable that helps in enabling the current value of an eVar to an item when successful processing takes place. The current value will hold itself to the item if the new values are combined for the particular eVar.
22. Where will you set the S_objectid Variable for improved tracking of Click Map?
Ans: The s_objectid variable needs to be set in the event handler -onClick to enable the improved tracking of Click Map.
23. Explain the kind of Data Security Manager, which can be used in the Adobe Audience Manager?
Ans: Data Security is one of the most important aspects and top concerns during the times when the administrative details are visible. Adobe Audience Manager will allow users to use the most up to date programs and encryptions, which are enabled using AES encryption when passing the information from one place to another. Also, there would not be any PII storage or personally identifying information storage through the entire system of Adobe manager.
24. Explain the Data Flow Architecture that is used in Adobe Audience Manager?
Ans: The Adobe Audience Manager is used as represented below:
- Once you sign in, the clients are allowed to arrange the data and rules as per their requirements.
- These rules that are arranged are then sent to the control using restrictive configuration.
- When the customers visit the site, a code is placed on the personal computer to gather all the information that is needed.
- AWS will then process every data set
- Once the Adobe Audience Manager does the analysis of the data, then the clients will be tagged and sent to reports.
- With this, the clients are also provided the flexibility to use the ability to track the information and audience at the same time.
25. Are you aware of the SiteCatalyst feature that visually shows a website’s performance while tracking its progress against a predefined set of goals?
Ans: Yes, the feature that visually shows a website’s performance is the target feature. This feature helps in tracking the progress of the site to make us understand the closeness to the objectives of the organization.
26. What Is the Difference Between Product and Conversion Syntax for Merchandising Variables?
Ans: The main difference between the product and conversion syntax is generally the syntax. The s.product is the variable that is used for conversion. There is no other syntax that is followed for merchandising.
27. Where Can You Go to Share A Previously Created Bookmark with Other Users?
Ans: We can share the previously created bookmark with the other users to follow the below paths: Favourites>Bookmarks> Manage Bookmarks. It will ask to specify the users to whom you can share the bookmark.
28. When Using Link Tracking, Which Adobe Analytics Report Will Be Populated If The Second Argument In S.tl() Is ‘o’?
Ans: Link tracking is one of the features that provide an advantage to the companies which allows representation of the links. Three possible values allow capturing the specific links. One of the values is ‘o’ or customer links. With this, it allows tracking of only the desired link.
29. What Is the Default “expire After” Setting for Newly Enabled Conversion Variables (eVars)?
Ans: The default setting for “Expire After” is visit. This form of configuration is used to ensure that data collection represents the accurate date of the site in an organized way.
30. What type of SiteCatalyst Variable/report would you use if you want to see pathing behavior?
Ans: The SiteCatalyst Variable/report is a report that possesses a lot of potentials. sprops will allow you to understand how many viewers are interacting with the pages.